Maine Cat P-47
Maine Cat has brought our 20 years of experience building lightweight Core-Cell composite sailing catamarans to create a completely unique fuel efficient power catamaran. The combination of significant weight saving, very slender hulls, horizontal drives and huge under-wing clearance provides fuel burns that are 1/3 that of a comparable 47’ semi-displacement monohull. Our owners are amazed at the way the P-47 moves through the water without much fuss and how her angle of fore-aft trim remains constant, regardless of the throttle setting.
The new Maine Cat P-47 features the same qualities as our successful sailing models; Core-Cell structural core used in every component, no imbedded wood in the glass work, easy to maintain surfaces and finishes inside and out, and robust bullet-proof mechanical and electrical systems of the highest quality. Our hull forms are sea kindly and very easily driven. The P-47 is designed to cross oceans and deliver you to your next destination in total safety and comfort.
The P-47 has "slippery" 13.5 to 1 length to beam ratio hulls at the waterline when fully loaded. Powered by twin 220 h.p. engines, her top speed is 23 knots and she cruises very comfortably at 18 knots burning a total of 10 gallons per hour. If you cruise at trawler speeds of 7 knots, she burns 1.4 gallons per hour or 5nm/gal. With our standard 400 gallon fuel tankage she has a range of 2000 nm.
Extremely high fuel efficiency is our technical target, but we have not forgotten the comfort of the captain and especially the admiral.
The beauty of the P-47 platform is the abundance of space, excellent 360 degree visibility and 7’-2” head room that makes you feel like you are on a much larger vessel. You gain complete privacy with our standard double cabin arrangement having separate sleeping quarters and heads in each hull. Maine Cat enjoys working directly with our clients to semi-customize each boat to perfectly match our owner’s requirements. A walk-around master queen berth is the standard arrangement and our bridgedeck saloon features comfortable swiveling chairs and forward facing settee that easily converts into another queen berth to sleep six comfortably.
The Maine Cat P-47 offers a more comfortable ride, 3’-0” draft, super fuel economy, protected propellers and rudders all built to the highest quality standards possible…why not come to Maine and experience this exciting new design out on the water.
New Maine Cat P-47 Design Brief
- Beautiful “Down-East” classic lines produce a stunningly handsome yacht.
- The interior spaces are wide open, light and airy with 6’-6” to 7’-0” headroom
- Lightweight Core-Cell composite construction hull and deck assemblies
- Highest fineness ratio of any 47-foot production power cat in the world
- Very fine displacement hull forms provide superior comfort in a seaway
- Bulletproof systems using high quality equipment, which are easy to access
- Quiet common-rail diesel power, horizontal shaft, isolated aft engine rooms
- Hull underbody protects propellers and rudders with a draft of 2’-9”
- Excellent under-wing clearance with nice radius corners. Wing is 2’-7” clear.
- Operable safety-glass windows surround galley, saloon and helm station
- Sleep four, walk-around master berth, two heads and huge galley on bridge
- Easy boarding to large swim platform w/rails, up two steps in transom doors
- Limit beam to 18’ for ease of dockage and great form stability in a beam sea
- Cruise at 15 knots burning 5 gals/hour=1200 n.m. range. WOT=25 knots
- Best fuel economy of any offshore capable 14.5 ton displacement yacht
HULL, DECK AND STRUCTURAL BULKHEADS
Composite FRP utilizing vinylester and polyester resins
- 100% Core-Cell structural core
- Triaxial or biaxial fiberglass fabrics
- Hull and deck chemically joined with biaxial fiberglass tapes entire interior
- Bulkheads fiberglass taped to hull/deck
- Molded-in non-skid two tone deck surfaces
- Sea Hawk 1284 High Build Epoxy barrier-coating systems, 2 coats
- 2 coats of ablative premium bottom paint
- 5-year structural and blister warranty
MAINE CAT P-47
CRUISER PACKAGE PRICING
This is a completely outfitted cruise-away package with everything you need to head off in complete comfort and safety. Additional options and modifications available on request. Specifications subject to change.
Special Cruising Package Price: $933,000
Flybridge Option add $74,900
Power / Mechanical
- Twin New D-3 Volvo 220hp common-rail diesel engines with EMSS drives
- Four 170 watt solar panels with four 8-D AGM 24 volt 630 amp/hr battery bank
- Victron 3000 kW inverter, 120 amp charger, BEP battery and tank monitor
- 120 volt 60 cycle 6 kW Northern Lights generator with sound attenuation shield
- Garmin GHP 10 autopilot mounted below deck, integrated with chart plotter
- Two Garmin GMI 10's and complete NEMA 2000 networked instrumentation
- Garmin 7515 color chartplotter with Garmin 4 kW radar and XM weather
- Garmin VHF 200 radio with DSC and hailer/fog horn, NEMA 2000 networked
- Force 10 three burner propane stove top and 120-volt convection oven/microwave
- Two Vitrifrigo under counter drawer marine refrigerator and freezer units
- 24-volt DC watermaker with controller and remote display
- Stern propane grill
- 110-volt AC portable icemaker
- AB Inflatable RIB dinghy 11'-10" w/Yamaha 8 hp 4-stroke outboard including Steelhead WD600 electric crane and rigid fiberglass dingy chocks
- 1-1/4" diameter stainless steel double railings 30-inch high side & fore deck
- Splendide washer/dryer combination unit
- Two Tecma electric toilets utilizing fresh water for flushing
- 30,000 Btu/hr air-conditioning with reverse cycle heating, 3 zones
- Fusion AM/FM with iPod docking stereo system and 19" flat screen retractable TV
- Lofrans Tigres 1200 W horizontal windlass, gypsy and capstan, two foot switches
- Swim ladder
- Salt/fresh water wash down pump foredeck
Pricing effective January 25, 2014 and includes installation. FOB factory Bremen, Maine USA. Taxes and commissioning are not included.