For Sale- $139,000.00
Maine Cat 30 hull #37- Built 2001
Custom / Non-stock / Recent renewal list- equipment and systems:
- Twin Yamaha 9.9 hp, 4 stroke, high thrust, electric start, hydraulic trim and lift (New 2016)
- Teleflex dual single level engine controls & premium cables
- Custom Sunbrella helm cover
- Custom rubberized non slip on steering wheel
- Custom Doyle tri-radial cut “fat head” full batten mainsail cut from premium Hydra-Net cloth (New 2015), on full length Tides Marine sail track (New 2015). 2 single line reefing lines with low friction anodized blocks on leech, full batten pocket chafe protection. Dyneema halyard.
- Custom Doyle boom cradle cover (Stack-pack) with integral lazy jacks (New- 2015)
- Custom Doyle tri-radial cut jib on Schaefer 2100 series roller furler with cover (New 2015)
Jib is cut from Hydra-Net premium sail cloth and is sheeted to custom rooftop track, car and block system led inboard to port rope clutches and winch. Jib is 40% larger than stock, overlapping the main sail for increased slot effect and keeps sheets etc. away and over guest’s heads on bow. Low stretch Stay-Set X halyard.
- Custom North tri-radial cut “screacher” with integral sail cover on free flying Schaefer luff type furler, all leads and sheets, #16 Lewmar aluminum self tailing winches (2) on stern, aluminum bow sprit with Dyneema bridles led to secure bow attachments above waterline.
- Sport hardtop with custom 12 piece fold up EZ2CY ¾ (front/sides) enclosure (new 2015)
- Four 55 watt solar panels mounted on hardtop with solar controller
- Garmin NX2 instruments (server, depth, wind & weather) 2x Nexus Multi-control, 1x Wind control, 1 x GPS Navigator
- Simrad hydraulic autopilot, below decks
- Garmin Echo Map 70S color chart plotter
- Epoxy barrier coating and 10 yr life “Copper Coat” bottom paint (New- late 2015)
- Bruce type Lewmar Claw anchor, bow roller, tensioner, 100' x 1/2" rode and 6' chain
- Spare Fortress 11 FX11 anchor with tackle
- Isotherm12 volt holding plate refrigerator system, air-cooled
- ICOM IC-M304 VHF radio complete with Metz mast head antenna/wiring
- Stereo system with 2 Sony waterproof speakers
- Composite davits, completely rigged with additional 1” polished SS bracing
- 3 step telescoping / folding stern boarding ladder w/ additional custom inboard stern handrail to facilitate boarding from water
- Custom SS bow pulpits with integral seats
- Custom port / starboard and bow (2 course) lifelines w/ opening shackles on ends
- Custom bow cross beam “Seagull Striker” w/ full length head-stay / furler
- Custom 8’ bow seat cushion
- Custom handrail and traction treads on bow at bridge-deck stairs terminus forward
- Custom 1” SS handrails add additional roof support- 2 at helm, one each port and starboard and 1 ea. port and starboard of mast at front of bridge-deck.
- Fire Extinguishers port and starboard hulls, helm
- Type 1 off shore Life Jackets
- 1 Throw-able 24” life ring w/ lanyard
- Kayaks: Quantity 3- 9’6” West Marine Abaco sit on top w/ paddles
- Simplified fresh water (cold only) system w/ recent re-buildable pressure pump replacements
- Hardtop “brow” all weather speakers forward for trampoline netting area
- Strike Shield Lightning protection system
- Sunrise yacht products “offshore” level netting (New 2015)
NEW MAINE CAT 30 DESIGN BRIEF- Stock boat
The Maine Cat 30 is a yacht which very simply has less drag built with 100% Core-Cell composite construction and these features:
- Low profile styling and aerodynamic rounding of all topside surfaces present a "slippery" shape to the apparent wind. Looks sexy too!
- 10:1 length to beam ratio on the hulls coupled with a minimum of wetted surface area developed through months of computer "tweaking."
- High aspect ratio foils including a single daggerboard in the starboard hull and balanced underbody spade rudders.
The total sail area is 500 square feet and designed to be very easy for one person to handle. Our jib has a roller furling/reefing system standard and is also self-tacking. The fully battened main has single line reefing a couple of steps from the helm and within the protected bridgedeck area.
Our Bruce Number is 1.31 when the "30" is kept light and delivers some sparkling performance sure to get the adrenaline flowing.
We install twin Yamaha 9.9 horsepower long-shaft engines with hydraulic power trim and lift—quiet power with superb maneuverability.
Stability and Absence of Heeling
The Maine Cat's stability and absence of heeling provide unparalleled comfort and safety. The wide beam develops a powerful righting force which keeps Maine Cats sailing level and dampens any tendency to roll or yaw in cross or quartering seas. The bridgedeck clearance is generous when fully loaded and slamming in short seas has been virtually eliminated.
A Maine Cat is unsinkable. Three large watertight compartments coupled with the foam core construction provide over 11,000 pounds of reserve buoyancy. Our hull shape has excellent seakeeping qualities.
|Sail Area||500 sq. ft.|
|Construction||Core Cell Composite|
|Hull Material||Core Cell Composite|
|Fuel Capacity||26 gallons|
|Water Capacity||53 gallons|
|Boat Engine||Twin 9.9 Yamaha|
|Horsepower||Total 19.8 hp|
|Cruising Speed||7 knots|
|Top Speed||15 knots|